Motorbike entitlement


motorbike licence


  • en
  • pt-br
  • es

If you are aged 24 or over or held an A2 licence for two years you can get an unrestricted motorcycle licence by taking a Direct Access (DAS) course and passing the practical tests. A full bike licence entitling you to ride any size of machine is gained through this course. After completing your CBT your training continues and once you are proficient enough, you progress onto a 689 cc motorcycle (Yamaha MT-07) which you will take your tests on.


You will need to have a valid theory test certificate and if you dont already hold a valid CBT certificate you will need to complete a CBT first. The theory can be arranged by calling the DVSA on 0300 200 1122 or by visiting this link. To see how the Motorcycle Theory Test works please click here. Your upgrade to a 600cc+ motorcycle will depend on your experience.


At Universal Motorcycle Training we offer a quick assessment of your riding skills. The amount of training needed to progress you to test standard is advised by your trainer. We will then discuss your training requirements as a rider and offer the best package to meet the required skill level to take your test.


You can take C.B.T. followed by both modules within consecutive days, or split your days to suit, i.e. take C.B.T. and Module 1 initially to be followed later by Module 2 (this is the safest way to do it, as you will avoid risking your Module 2 and test escort fees, in case you dont pass your Module 1 first time).


We are totally flexible and can arrange your course to suit you. As the course fee is charged at a daily rate you can choose your options. Our experienced office staff will help you with booking your course. With many years of experience we are specialists in tailoring training requirements to your needs. The easiest way to book is online via the following link: Book your Full Motorcycle Licence Package Here . Alternatively, if you wish to book over the phone, please call us on 0203 691 8807.  To see our full price list, please click here.


If you are unsure which course is for you take just CBT and see how you get on.


A typical course for experienced riders would be spread over three, four days or five days. i.e.

CBT followed by Mod 1 training and test and finally Mod 2 training and test.


Novices and less experienced people will need to add extra training days to suit.


Hire Bike: to see the motorcycle that you will do your course and tests with: for the Yamaha MT-07 (restricted for the A2 and unrestricted for the Category A) manual, please click here. For the Suzuki Gladius 650cc, please click here.



There are no reviews yet.

Be the first to review “Motorbike entitlement”

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

error: Content is protected !!